Home » Archive of journals » Issue 3(27) 2017 » Prospects for the Development of Automated Radiation Monitoring Systems in the Murmansk and Arkhangelsk Regions through the Integrated Use of Mobile Radiation Monitoring Devices
PROSPECTS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF AUTOMATED RADIATION MONITORING SYSTEMS IN THE MURMANSK AND ARKHANGELSK REGIONS THROUGH THE INTEGRATED USE OF MOBILE RADIATION MONITORING DEVICESJOURNAL: 2017, ¹3(27), p. 39-48
AUTHORS: Arutyunyan R.V., Gavrilov S.L., Popov E.V.
ORGANIZATIONS: Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The article was received on: 26.04.2017
Keywords: emergency response, mobile radiation monitoring devices, radiation accident, radiation monitoring
Bibliographic description: Arutyunyan R.V., Gavrilov S.L., Popov E.V. Prospects for the Development of Automated Radiation Monitoring Systems in the Murmansk and Arkhangelsk Regions through the Integrated Use of Mobile Radiation Monitoring Devices. The Arctic: ecology and economy, 2017, no. 3(27), pp. 39-48. DOI:10.25283/2223-4594-2017-3-39-48. (In Russian).
To protect the population and territories, modern emergency response and radiation monitoring systems were established in both regions in 2005-2011. Radiation monitoring systems in these regions include both stationary and mobile control posts. Mobile Radiometric Laboratories (MRL) are used as mobile radiation monitoring devices — four MRLs in each region. Further enhancement of the mobile component of these systems is one of the most promising areas for the development of regional automated radiation monitoring systems (ARMS). This component should be developed not only by increasing the number of mobile devices of the same type. An universalized tool designed to solve the whole variety of specific tasks may be ineffective in a specific situation. Based on the results of performed investigations three types of monitoring devices were determined that should be a part of ARMS but differ in the methods and the nature of the tasks put by. These are: Mobile Radiometric Laboratories (MRL); Rapidly Deployed Radiation Monitoring Modules (RD RMM); and Mobile Systems of Aero-Gamma Survey (MS AGS) on the basis of air drones.
1. Razvitiye sistem avariynogo reagirovaniya i radiatsionnogo monitoring. [Development of Emergency Response and Radiation monitoring Systems]. Pod obshch. red. chl.-kor. RAN L. A. Bolshova; nauch. red. R. V. Arutyunyan; IBRAE RAN. Moscow, Nauka, 2013, 316 p. (Trudy IBRAE RAN; vyp. 15). (In Russian).
2. Otchet o NIR po GK ¹ 126.96.36.199/2 ot 26 aprelya 2013 g. «Otsenka rezultatov vnedreniya i aprobatsii funktsionirovaniya Kompleksnoy sistemy kompleksnoy sistemy monitoringa za sostoyaniyem zashchity naseleniya (KSM — ZN) v pilotnykh zonakh i modelirovaniye obobshchennykh stsenariyev ikh razvitiya». [Estimation of the results of implementation and using of complex population security monitoring system in pilot zonez]. — 3 etap. Moscow, IBRAE RAN, 2013, 235 p. (In Russian).
3. Otchet o NIOKR po GPD ¹ 27 ot 19 marta 2014 g. «Sozdaniye opytnogo obraztsa bystrorazvertyvayemogo modulya kontrolya radiatsionnoy obstanovki, integrirovannogo v sostav KSM-ZN». [Creation of the prototype of Rapidly Deployed Radiation Monitoring Module implemented in the KSM-ZN system]. — 1 etap. Moscow, IBRAE RAN, 2014, 323 p. (In Russian).
4. Otchet ob OKR po GK ¹ 331/1059-999 ot 23 oktyabrya 2015 g. «Razrabotka mobilnogo kompleksa aerogamma-syemki, video i teplovogo nablyudeniya, integrirovannogo v kompleksnuyu sistemu monitoringa za sostoyaniyem zashchity naseleniya na radioaktivno zagryaznennykh territoriyakh (KSM-ZN)». [Development of the mobile Aero-Gamma, video and termal Survey device implemented in the complex population security monitoring system]. Moscow, IBRAE RAN, 2015, 44 p. (In Russian).
5. Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy otchet ob OKR po GK ¹ 08-OK-2016 ot 28 iyulya 2016 g. «Razrabotka tekhnicheskogo proyekta po razvitiyu mobilnykh sredstv kompleksnoy sistemy monitoringa i zashchity naseleniya dlya otsenki operativnoy obstanovki pri vybrosakh khimicheski opasnykh veshchestv». [Development of the Technical design for mobile devices for complex population security monitoring system for instant estimation of chemical releases]. Moscow, IBRAE RAN, 2016, 74 p. (In Russian).
© 2011-2019 The Arctic: ecology and economy